Banana Spice Cookies with Lemon Butter Icing
These banana spice cookies are perfect anytime, but especially satisfying over the winter holidays, with flavors of citrus, cinnamon, cloves, and pecans.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas, about 2 bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- LEMON BUTTER ICING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preparation time 70mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from ourrecipeclub.blogspot.com
In a large bowl cream together shortening, sugar, eggs & banana. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients.
Cover & chill about 1 hour.
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes.
While cookies are baking, mix together frosting ingredients: Begin by creaming together butter and sugar. Then add lemon juice and zest and beat until smooth.
Cool & frost cookies with Lemon Butter Icing.
You'll also love
- Kim's Zucchini Bread (veganized) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini Sloppy Joe Phyllo Cups 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp Quiche 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef and Black Bean Sliders 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Peapods - Orange Sesame 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Rice Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ice Cream 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ricotta Gnocchi with Peas and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)