Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Traditional pineapple with cherries in the middle, with the butter and brown sugar that forms the lovely topping. This is the best Pineapple Upside Down cake I ever tasted. I've had many compliments on it.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 7 slices canned pineapple
- 7 maraschino cherries
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Heat oven to 350°F.
Sprinkle brown sugar in bottom of pan. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over the brown sugar. Place the pineapple slices in each of the indentations of a pineapple upside down cake pan, or fit them nicely in the bottom of a large rectangle pan. Place 1 cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Blend on low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl often. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes scraping bowl occasionally. Pour the batter over the pineapple.
Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately turn pan upside down onto serving plate.
Make 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Mascarpone Frosting 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Yakuza Cucumber and Avocado Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Pan Dowdy in a Skillet/... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Carrot Bread 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Virgin Pineapple Daiquiri 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)