Crawfish Dumpling With A Ginger Orange Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 dozen round wrappers
- 1 recipe Ginger Orange Sauce (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Put the crawfish, egg white, onions, cilantro, salt, cayenne, and sesame oil in a food processor and pulse two or three times to finely chop. Do not puree.
Working 1 dumpling at a time, place 1 tablespoon of the filling the center of each wrapper. Lightly wet the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold in half, forming a semi-circle and crimp the edges. Place the finished dumplings on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth.
Fill half of the wok with water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Line the bottom of a medium bamboo steamer with the squares of parchment paper or Romaine lettuce leaves. Lay the dumplings on top of the parchment paper and cover with the lid. Place the steamer in the wok and steam for 6 minutes.
Carefully remove the steamer and remove the dumplings. Place the dumplings on a large platter and serve with the Ginger Orange Dipping Sauce. Garnish with chives.
This recipe yields 24 dumplings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (707 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)