Here's a tasty restaurant-style snack that will leave you wanting more! Buttermilk and cornmeal batter up pickle slices for a crispy dip in sizzling hot oil.
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 (11-ounce) jar hamburger dill pickle slices
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oil to 350°F in deep fryer or cast iron skillet.
Drain dill pickles in a colander and then place into a medium sized bowl with the 2 cups of buttermilk.
Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Take about a handful of the pickles out of the buttermilk and dredge into the seasoned flour and cornmeal mixture.
Shake off excess flour and carefully place battered pickles into hot grease, just a few at a time to make sure they fry up crisp. Fry pickle slices until golden brown.
Continue cooking pickles until all are done.
You'll also love
- Bruschetta with Fresh Basil 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Boiled Peanuts 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Black Forest Pavlova with Espresso... 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Cheese Straws 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Honey-Sesame Popcorn Snack Mix 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Fried Pickle Poppers 4.4/5 (10 Votes)