Rustic Caramel Apple Tart
Easier than an apple pie and just as delicious.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, warmed
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings