Homemade peanut brittle is easy to make, and so delicious! Buttery, sweet and full of peanuts (or cashews), you'll never buy peanut brittle again!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup peanuts (or cashews)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until it reaches 285°F with a candy thermometer.
Add the nuts and butter and continuing boiling until it reaches 300°F.
Remove from heat and carefully add the baking soda and vanilla.
Pour into a sheet pan that has been lined with buttered foil. Use a spatula to spread it thin on the pan. Let cool and then break apart.
You'll also love
- Lean and Mean Barbecued Brisket 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Cheese Balls 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon Pound Cake with Cake Mix 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Honey-Sesame Popcorn Snack Mix 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Rolo Ritz Cracker Cookies 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Toll House Kookie Brittle 3.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 0/5 (0 Votes)