Homemade peanut brittle is easy to make, and so delicious! Buttery, sweet and full of peanuts (or cashews), you'll never buy peanut brittle again!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup peanuts (or cashews)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until it reaches 285°F with a candy thermometer.
Add the nuts and butter and continuing boiling until it reaches 300°F.
Remove from heat and carefully add the baking soda and vanilla.
Pour into a sheet pan that has been lined with buttered foil. Use a spatula to spread it thin on the pan. Let cool and then break apart.
You'll also love
- Potato-Crusted Vegetarian Quiche... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Pea Salad with Bacon & Cheese 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Honey-Sesame Popcorn Snack Mix 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- S'mores Popcorn Balls 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Toll House Kookie Brittle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 0/5 (0 Votes)