Buttermilk And Lemon Scented Pancakes With Warm Blueberry Syrup
- 1 pint fresh blueberries stemmed, hulled
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 stick butter cut 10 equal slices
- Shaker of confectioners sugar
In a nonreactive saucepan, over medium heat, combine the blueberries and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and with a hand potato masher, mash the berries. Keep warm.
In a small mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg, and butter until fully incorporated. Add the sifted ingredients to the milk mixture and whisk until slightly smooth, but still have some lumps. Fold in the lemon zest and allow the batter to sit for a couple of minutes.
Lightly grease a griddle over medium heat. Cooking in batches, pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the batter bubbles and is golden brown, flip over and continue to cook until golden brown. Repeat the above process with the remaining batter.
Stack the pancakes on each serving plate. Place a pat of butter between each layer. Drizzle the pancakes with the syrup and garnish with the confectioners sugar.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- BBQ Salmon Over Andouille Potato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Smoked Bacon, White Cheddar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple And Oatmeal Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Chocolate And Fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Food Cake With A Fresh Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Squab With Orange Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Patrick Clarks Lemon Pudding... 0/5 (0 Votes)