Citrus Almond Champagne Cake
It can be hard to find a cake recipe that is both simple and delicious. This Citrus Almond Champagne Cake sounds complex but is made easy using a white box cake mix. Shhhh, no one has to know. Enjoy!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup (8 ounce) Orange Almond Champagne (or Sparkling Wine) The brand I got is made by Wilson Creek, called “Orange Mimosa”.
- 3 eggs
- Citrus champagne frosting
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup champagne (can omit and sub in more orange juice)
- 1 pound powdered sugar (I made mine with about 3/4 pound.)
Adapted from michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.de
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix Ingredients in a stand mixer or bowl and pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 according to the box directions.
Allow to cool, before you add the frosting. If you don’t, the heat from the cake will absorb the frosting (not necessarily bad I guess).
In a bowl, pour in champagne and OJ, slowly add in the powdered sugar and whisk as you go, mixing it to the desired consistency.
Pour frosting over cooled bundt cake. Top with chopped almonds if desired.
If you have any frosting left over, serve in a small bowl along side the champagne cake (warmed perhaps?), so you can pour on more if desired. (I love frosting).
The alcohol is not necessary for this simple cake recipe, so if you want to make a more kid-friendly version you can make the 7-Up cake I linked to above, or substitute sparkling cider for the champagne (Cream soda might be yummy).
You'll also love
- Belgian "Liege" Sugar Waffles 4.4/5 (89 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cheese Cake 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
- Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Tres Leches Cupcakes with a Dulce... 4.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Beer & Pretzel Caramels 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia 4.3/5 (87 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese... 3.9/5 (124 Votes)