Tomato, Cucumber, and Red Onion Salad with Mint
- 1 large cucumber- halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbs. and 2 tps. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tps. white sugar
- 1/2 tps. salt
- 1 1/2 tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbs. and 1 1/2 tps. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionaly.
Add tomatoes, onion, mint and oil to cucumber and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.