Spicy Sausage & Garbanzo Bean Soup
I enjoy making a pot of soup at the beginning of the week. It allows me to have something easy to take with my lunches to work – and gives my hubby something that he can eat during the weekdays as well. We love decadently creamy soups, but both of us are trying to lose weight right now (which is why my postings have been sporadic) and decadently creamy is not on the menu. This soup is filling and good for you.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 lb bulk Hot Italian Sausage
- Qt. Chicken broth
- 3 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
Drizzle olive oil in soup pan; heat. Add onions and fry until translucent.
Add sausage to onions; break up the sausage while cooking. Add a little bit of chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
Add remaining chicken broth, cup of water, garbanzo beans and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Bow Tie Pasta with Basil Pesto 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Sorbet 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Eggs With Spinach 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Coleslaw 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Warm... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Breakfast Pie - Impossibly Easy... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato, Quinoa... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Pasta Shells 4.4/5 (13 Votes)