Baked Eggs With Spinach
Baked eggs with spinach, is easy, healthy, and a super delicious way to start your day! Add mushrooms or tomatoes if you're craving more veggies!
- EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- Ramekins, sprayed with non-stick spray (I prefer olive oil) or buttered
- Baking tray, to set the ramekins on in the oven
- 2 eggs per serving
- Fresh spinach (use more than you think, because it wilts)*
- Minced onion (approximately 1 tablespoon per serving)
- Fresh minced garlic (ootional)
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Half and half or heavy cream
- Shredded cheese (I used a generous tablespoon...use more if you wish. Trust me, I wanted to!)
- 1 to 2 slices (per serving) of Canadian Bacon, cut into bite-sized cubes
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add garlic and watch that it doesn't burn-- maybe 30 seconds.
Add the fresh spinach and allow to cook/wilt-- between 3 to 5 minutes.
NOTE: If you are using frozen spinach, squeeze the excess water with a clean towel. You'll thank me, otherwise you'll get a watery baked egg version.
In the meantime, prepare the ramekins.
Add Canadian bacon to the bottom of each ramekin.
Add wilted spinach. Add a layer of cheese. Crack two eggs per serving.
Add a splash of half and half. (about 1 tablespoon)
Add a little (or a lot) more shredded cheese.
Put ramekins on a baking sheet and bake, rotating pan halfway through baking, until whites are just set but yolks are still runny, about 15 to 18 minutes.
My eggs turned out perfectly, with creamy yellow yolks. It all depends on how large your eggs are, how cold they were and how hot your oven works.
You'll also love
- Blueberry macarons 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Kelly's butternut squash soup 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Wine & Garlic 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Pizza Pasta in an InstaPot 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Warm... 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Cucumber Kale Salad with Vegan... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bread Machine Southern Biscuits 3.8/5 (271 Votes)
Review this recipe