Moroccan Garbanzo Beans with Roasted Peppers
If you're looking for a simple and healthy dish, this Moroccan Garbanzo Beans with Roasted Peppers recipe is for you! Serve over basmati rice, quinoa, or naan for a complete and satisfying meal.
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (or water)
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Basmati rice, quinoa, or naan
Cook basmati rice, quinoa, or naan according to package directions.
In a large skillet, sauté the onion in the olive oil until soft.
Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and cook for one minute.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Then add the tomato paste and vegetable stock (or water) and bring to a simmer.
Add the garbanzo beans and cook until the mixture thickens.
Add the roasted red peppers, mint, parsley, and lemon juice and cook for a few more minutes until warm.
Serve over basmati rice, quinoa, or naan.
You'll also love
- Shrimp 'n' Spinach Risotto 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Early Bird Turkey Gravy 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Spiced Pear Jam 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey Vegetable Soup with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Ginger Snap Pumpkin Pie with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Indian Red Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Dip - White Bean Garlic Dip 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Edamame Caviar 4.4/5 (24 Votes)