Lemon Coconut Cake
This light, fluffy, and amazingly delicious cake screams spring. Lemon and coconut flavor bursts pair magically with the light taste of the angel food cake.
- 16 oz box Angel Food Cake
- 1 oz box Jell-O® Lemon Sugar-Free/Fat-Free Pudding Dessert
- 2 cups skim milk
- 5.3 oz lemon non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 lemons
- 8 oz container Cool Whip® Free
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 46mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Move oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare angel food cake according to box instructions.
3. Divide angel food cake better between two 9-inch spring form cake pans. Do not use anything smaller or else batter will over flow.
4. Bake for 13 minutes, rotate cake pans and bake for an additional 13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, whisk lemon pudding and skim milk. Place bowl in refrigerator until consistency becomes firm, about 5 minutes.
6. Remove from fridge and fold in the Greek yogurt and zest from 1 lemon.
7. Once the cakes are cool, use a serrated knife to free the sides of the cake from the pan. 8. Flip cakes over and gently remove them from the pans.
9. Pick a cake to be the bottom. Using a spatula, spread the pudding-yogurt mixture evenly over the top. Stack second cake on top.
10. Frost entire cake with Cool Whip® Free whipped topping. Cover with coconut flakes.
11. Cut the remaining lemon into thin slices and place around the bottom of the cake (straight edge down).
12. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Macaroni Grill Italian Meatloaf 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Beef Filets Wrapped in Bacon 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- FRESH and SUPER SIMPLE Strawberry... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream Recipe PRINT 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Impossible Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Zucchini Cake with Lemon Cream... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Rao's Famous Lemon Chicken 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Chewy Coconut-Pecan Cookies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)