Chewy Coconut-Pecan Cookies
My new favorite cookie! Chewy, buttery cookies with two of my favorite tastes in every scrumptious bite!!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2-cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut*, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup ground pecans (I used a nut grinder)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
In another mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until fluffy.
Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined.
Fold in the coconut and pecans.
Lightly cover the bowl of dough and put in the freezer for about 20 minutes. (Rolling into balls will be easier.)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until set. They will look a bit undercooked and won't be brown. (If you bake them until they begin to brown, the cookies will turn out crispy instead of chewy.)
Let stand on baking sheet for 1 minute, then carefully transfer cookies with a flat metal spatula to a wire rack to cool.
These cookies spread out to almost flat when they bake, that's the way they should be because they don't have any baking powder in them.
*Most flaked coconut has long strands that I didn't want in the cookies so I pulsed it in the food processor using the steel blade until desired size.
You'll also love
- German Apple Pancakes 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Olive Bread Stuffing with Fennel 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Whipped... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Pecan Cheesecake Squares 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Raspberry Crumb Bars 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cookies 4.8/5 (14 Votes)