FRESH and SUPER SIMPLE Strawberry Pie Filling
- 2 cups mashed strawberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- You’ll also need a pre-baked pie shell…….make your own favorite recipe or purchase one at the store.
Adapted from makeit-loveit.com
Place 2 cups of mashed strawberries into medium saucepan. Add sugar and cornstarch gradually to mashed strawberries and stir with wire whisk until completely combined. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk. Cook until mixture boils, plus one minute. Cool to room temperature. (Placing over a bowl of ice and stirring occasionally will help speed up the cooling process.)
Line the pre-baked pie shell with sliced berries, along the bottom and sides. Pour cooled mixture over fresh berries and place in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Optional: Serve with whipped cream.