Pink Grapefruit Margaritas from Ina Garten
I saw this recipe on The Barefoot Contessa. We enjoy Margaritas, especially in the summertime. Fortunately, I can still buy Texas Ruby Red grapefruits in the summertime, but you might have to add a little sugar to taste. These are refreshing!
- 1 lime, cut in wedges, optional
- Kosher salt, optional
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (4 limes)
- 1 cup orange liqueur, such a Triple Sec
- 1 cup white tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar, to taste (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
If you like a salt rim on the glasses, rub the lime around the edge of the glass and then dip the rim of each glass lightly in a plate of kosher salt. Set aside to dry.
Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, and ice in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in the tequila. If youre not serving the margaritas in salted glasses, stir 1/4 teaspoon of salt into the pitcher of margaritas. Believe me, it will make a difference!
Serve ice cold.
NOTE: I saved half of the leftover margaritas (there were only two of us) in the freezer. I refreshed them in a blender with a little more ice, and they were perfect!
You'll also love
- Christmas Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Skillet Red Potatoes 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Red Pepper Jelly 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Bananas 3.9/5 (49 Votes)
- Tennessee Peach Pudding 3.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup with Lime... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Patti laBelle's Lemon Bars 4.3/5 (6 Votes)