Mandarin Orange Cake
- 1 box Butter Recipe yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines recommended)
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (11 or 15 oz) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple (in juice), undrained
- 1 (12 oz) container Cool Whip
- 2-3 mandarin oranges for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Butter and flour three 8 or 9-inch round cake pans, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat the cake mix, oil, eggs, and orange extract just until blended. Reserve 2-3 of the oranges for garnish if desired. Add the remaining oranges along with the liquid to the cake batter, beating on Low speed for a few seconds then beating on Medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide the batter evenly into the three prepared cake pans.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the Frosting:
Blend together the dry pudding mix and the pineapple with the juice; let stand for 5 minutes to thicken. With a spatula, gently fold in the Cool Whip. Refrigerate the mixture until the cake layers are completely cool.
Spread the frosting in between the layers, then frost the sides and top of the cake. Garnish the center of the cake with the reserved orange segments, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
You'll also love
- Slimming World Honey & Mustard... 4/5 (77 Votes)
- Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad 3.9/5 (97 Votes)
- Moscato Strawberry Lemonade 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Crescent Ring 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Smoky Salmon with Orange... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- whole orange cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)