Crockpot Coconut Hot Chocolate.
This is the creamiest, thickest, richest, most luxurious hot chocolate I have ever tasted. This hot chocolate is to die for!!
- 4 (13-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- Frosting to rim the mugs
- Whipped cream or coconut whipped cream for topping
- Marshmallows for topping
Cooking time 120mins
Add coconut milk, condensed milk and extracts to your crock pot, whisking to combine. Stir in salt, cocoa powder and chocolate, whisking again. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes or so to making sure the chocolate melts nicely and is thoroughly distributed throughout the mixture.
Cook's Note: After a while it began to thicken and bubble on the sides, so I left it on but removed the lid and whisked well. Just keep your eye on it and whisk everything together.
Before serving, add coconut to a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Toast for 5 to 6 minutes until golden. Let cool, then add to a paper or ziplock bag and crush with you hands until only small flakes remain.
To serve, rim the edges of a mug with some frosting or glaze or something sticky, then dip the rims in the toasted coconut flakes. pressing gently to adhere. Pour hot chocolate in the mugs and garnish with whipped cream and marshmallows.
You'll also love
- LEMON PIE WITH COOKIE CRUST 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Cucumber Salad 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Banana Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp - Red... 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Blueberry 'n' Cheese Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Oreo Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pound Cake 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Egg Nog Milkshake 4.5/5 (43 Votes)