Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with Cream Cheese & Whipped Cream
Red velvet hot chocolate with cream cheese and whipped cream is fun! Top with candy canes or holiday candies of your choice.
- 2 cups Friendly Farms 2% Milk
- 3 cups Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla, divided
- 1 cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Baker's Corner Baking Cocoa*
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 2 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a medium saucepan, combine milk, 2 cups heavy cream, vinegar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, sugar and cocoa powder.
Simmer over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Add red food coloring and salt and heat through.
Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Slowly beat in remaining vanilla and remaining heavy cream for about 3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
Pour hot chocolate into glass and top with whipped cream. Garnish with candy canes or desired holiday candies.