My Lemon Curd
- 6-8 large juicy lemons
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 5 eggs
Preparation time 30mins
1. Grate zest from the lemons on the finest side of the grater. Squeeze the juice and strain it into large measuring cup. You will need 1 1/4 cup lemon juice.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces. Put the pieces of butter into pot with the sugar, lemon zest and juice. Stir the mixture until the butter has melted and the sugar has completely dissolved. Use medium heat.
3. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, but do not whisk them. Add eggs to the lemon-butter-juice mixture. Simmer over low heat whisking all the so that the eggs do not curdle. (you could do it over a double boiler, but if you stir constantly and do not boil it will be a lot quicker this way). You can strain through to remove lemon zest if you want. Stir until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat pour into warmed sterilized jars. Leave to cool Eat and enjoy. This should make about 3 cups.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Applebee's Baby Back Ribs 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Easy Orange-Carrot... 3.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Lime Cloud Pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Orzo Lemon Orzo with Asparagus 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon Curd - Ina Garten 3.6/5 (7 Votes)