Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
adapted from Cooking Light, 1998 (I used full fat cream cheese and a bundt pan)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon (about 1 T.)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 t. vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 8 oz. carton non fat lemon yogurt (or vanilla if no lemon)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 t. lemon juice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from askchefdennis.com
Preheat oven to 350*. In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter and cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until well blended 4-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. In a smaller bowl, measure the 3 cups of flour. Remove 2 T. and sprinkle over the blueberries, gently stirring and tossing to coat.
To the remaining flour, add the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Add the flour to the sugar mixture alternately with the yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixtrure, being careful not to over mix. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Pour the batter into a 10" tube pan coated with cooking spray. Sharply tap the pan once on the counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake from sides of pan. Cool an additional 15 minutes or write rack, then remove the cake from the bottom of the pan. Allow to cool completely.
Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cake. Cut with a serrated knife and serve. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Chicken Spaghetti 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- E.D. Smith's Pumpkin Pie 3.7/5 (239 Votes)
- Fajita Chicken Casserole 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Ice Cream Layer Cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Jell-O Poke Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Orzo Lemon Orzo with Asparagus 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- lemon dream pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)