Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup water
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups Arborio or Calrose rice
- 5 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 T cider vinegar
- 1 T chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 T light brown sugar
- salt to taste
Place squash and water in cooker, secure lid and cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
Quick release pressure, drain cooked squash and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher, fork or food processor to mash squash well.
With lid off, heat oil and butter on high or Brown until melted and sizzling.
Place onion in cooker, saute til translucent, about 5 min.
Stir in rice and saute 1 additional minute.
Add mashed squash and remaining ingredients, EXCEPT half and half. Lock lid and cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
Quick release pressure, Stir in half and half and salt to taste before serving.
You'll also love
- Crab Rangoon 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Dessert Misc: Skillet Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, &... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Eggs in Purgatory with Artichoke... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Primavera with Carrot &... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe