Spaghetti Squash AuGratin
Served alongside a tender roasted pork tenderloin, this Spaghetti Squash Au Gartin is a hearty full flavor side dish your entire family will love.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in half and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in a covered dish with a ¼ inch of water and microwave for 10 to 12 minutes. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onions, red pepper and thyme and cook until the onions are slightly brown in color. Salt and pepper to taste.
Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl. Combine the squash, onions, sour cream and half the cheese together and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Place into a 375ºF for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
You'll also love
- Beef Shawarma 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Pasta Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (51 Votes)
- Baked Croissant French Toast with... 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Oven Fried Green Tomatoes 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Moist carrot cake 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread 4.1/5 (100 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Alfredo 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken & Spaghetti Squash 5/5 (1 Votes)