Date Nut Bars
Mmm, Mmm good...and easy to prepare. Chewy and delicious date nut bars are always a favorite in my house!
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound melted butter (1/2-cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces dates, coarsely cut (2-cups)
- 7 ounces walnut halves or coarse pieces (2-cups)
- Confectioners’ sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adjust rack to center of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a shallow 9 x 13-inch pan with one piece of aluminum foil long enough to cover bottom and sides. Press the foil with a pot holder or small towel to mold it into place without tearing it. Brush the bottom and sides with very soft or melted butter. Set aside.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and beat for one minute. On lowest speed, add the sifted dry ingredients, beating only until incorporated. Mix in the dates and nuts.
Spread this thick batter as smoothly as possible by pressing it into place with the back of a large spoon. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is a light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in cake pan on a rack for about 10 minutes. Place a cookie sheet over the top and invert. Remove pan and transfer to cookie sheet or a rack and invert again to cool completely.
Transfer to a cutting board. Cut with a long, thin, very sharp knife. Strain confectioners’ sugar generously over the top.
You'll also love
- WWW Crock Pot Ham & Potatoes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake |... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apricot-Glazed Ham Balls 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Roast (Pernil al Horno) 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- 7 Up Pound Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ancho Chile-Mexican Chocolate... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange Delight Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)