Apricot-Glazed Ham Balls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1 18 ounce jar apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Adapted from bhg.com
1. For meatballs, in a large bowl combine egg, graham cracker crumbs, the 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, dry mustard, and salt. Add ground ham, ground pork, and snipped apricots; mix well. Shape into 30 meatballs. In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan arrange meatballs in a single layer. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Drain well. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place cooked meatballs.
2. For sauce, in a small bowl combine apricot preserves, the 1/3 cup pineapple juice, vinegar, and ginger. Pour sauce over meatballs.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Serve immediately or keep covered on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Gently stir just before serving. Serve with toothpicks. Makes 30 meatballs.
Servings Per Recipe 30, Calories 86, Protein (gm) 3, Carbohydrate (gm) 15, Fat, total (gm) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 15, Saturated fat (gm) 1, Monosaturated fat (gm) 1, Sugar, total (gm) 10, Vitamin A (IU) 146, Vitamin C (mg) 2, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Sodium (mg) 151, Calcium (DV %) 10, Iron (DV %) 0, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet