Lime curd and tart cranberries are balanced by a layer of sweet white chocolate cream. For best results, use imported white chocolate, such as Lindt or Perugina. Begin preparing the tart two days before you plan to serve it.
Yield: Makes 14 to 16 servings
- Lime curd
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup whole almonds, toasted, cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cranberry Topping
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder* (optional)
- 1 12-ounce bag (3 cups) fresh cranberries or frozen, partially thawed
- White Chocolate Cream
- 5 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White chocolate curls
- 8 thin lime twists
For lime curd:
Whisk lime juice and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk in sugar and yolks, then add butter. Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture simmers and thickens, about 8 minutes. Strain into small bowl. Mix in lime peel. Cover; chill overnight.
Finely grind flour, sugar, almonds, and salt in processor. Add butter and vanilla; cut in, using on/off turns, until mixture just forms soft moist clumps. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of 11-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Using thumb, press dough up sides to extend 1/8 inch above rim of pan. Freeze crust 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake crust until golden brown, pressing with back of spoon if crust bubbles, about 25 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely.
For cranberry topping:
Whisk 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in heavy large saucepan to blend. Add sugar, honey, and five-spice powder, if desired. Stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil. Add cranberries; cook until mixture boils and berries just begin to pop but still maintain shape, occasionally stirring gently, about 5 minutes. Cool completely (mixture will thicken).
For white chocolate cream:
Stir chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water; whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Cool completely.
Spread white chocolate cream into crust; freeze 15 minutes. Spoon curd over; spread evenly. Spoon cranberry topping by tablespoonfuls over, then spread carefully to cover completely. Cover and chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.) Remove pan sides; transfer tart to platter. Sprinkle chocolate curls around edge of tart. Garnish with lime twists.
You'll also love
- Potato Nachos 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken & Cornbread Stuffing... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pomegranate Punch 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY SWIRL CHEESECAKE 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Orange Cream Cheese Bread 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry, Walnut, and Lemon... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry Surprise Pie 4.6/5 (17 Votes)