Ginger Garlic Skewered Shrimp
I have had this recipe for a very long time. I first made this for my Dad and Barbara when we lived in our very first house in Justice, IL. It has a great flavor and is very delicious! Plus, it's super easy to fix.
- 4 scallions
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped, peeled ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 jumbo shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails left on
Soak wood skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
Mince scallions, keeping the white & green parts separate. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the scallion whites, tomatoes, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, sugar and salt. Processing until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the shrimp and let marinate for 20 minutes.
Thread the shrimp onto the skewers.
Heat the grill or broiler or grill pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until opaque. Do not overcook.
Sprinkle with the remaining green part of the onion as garnish and serve.
You'll also love
- Spicy Thai Ground Lamb from "Fast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tex Mex Tilapia 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean and Veal Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The (almost) Original Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Halibut with Bechamel Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jarlsberg Cheese Sauce over Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- classic green bean casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-fried Lobster Dumplings - J... 0/5 (0 Votes)