Red Velvet Pound Cake
- For cake:
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. red food coloring
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs. cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- For Frosting:
- 2 tubs vanilla frosting
- 2 tubs whipped cream cheese
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1 cup coconut
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Lightly grease and flour springform pan; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time,
beating well after each addition.
Stir in vanilla and food coloring.
In another large bowl, combine the flour, salt and cocoa.
Dissolve the baking soda in the vinegar and add to the buttermilk.
Alternate stirrring in the flour and buttermilk, beginning and ending wh the flour.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake is done and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool in pan about 30 minutes. Remove cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Mix together vanilla frosting and cream cheese.
Frost between layers and then make a thin layer on top and sides; refrigerate for 1 hour.
Then, frost with cool whip and garnish with coconut around edge of top and bottom.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells with Rotisserie... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Jello Salad 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Breasts in Gravy 3.9/5 (62 Votes)
- Perfect Apple Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Waffles 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Lekach (Honey-Spice Cake) 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Ice Cream Layer Cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)