Stuffed Shells with Rotisserie Chicken
- Stuffed Shells with Rotisserie Chicken
- 10 oz. bag spinach
- 1 or 2 rotisserie chickens
- 12 oz. jumbo shells
- Cheese Filling
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese, part-skim
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 2 pints heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (for the topping)
Adapted from makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com
1. Cover and boil the spinach in one inch of water until completely wilted. Drain well and set aside.
2. Remove the meat from the chicken(s) and set aside.
3. Cook the jumbo shells according to the directions. (Be sure to remove them before they split.) Drain the shells and place them on wax paper to dry.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cheese filling ingredients. Fill the shells with the cheese filling using a decorating bag or spoon. Place the stuffed shells in two 13 x 9-inch baking dishes. Add the chicken and spinach to the dish, so that it is evenly distributed around the shells. Set aside.
5. Heat the cream in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the boullion powder, garlic, Italian cheese, and salt & pepper. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is heated through.
6. Pour the sauce evenly over the shells, chicken and spinach. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F until bubbly and the cheese is golden brown about 30 – 40 minutes.
Serves 8 – 9.
I recommend freezing this meal in disposable aluminum baking tins. Prepare this recipe through step # 6; cover and cool in the refrigerator. When completely cool, cover and wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Label the meal and include the cooking directions. Freeze up to 2 months.
To reheat, simply remove the foil and plastic wrap and place in the oven (frozen). Bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees F until bubbly and heated through.
You'll also love
- Eggs in Purgatory with Artichoke... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Rachel Rays Beef and Chicken... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala, from Cook's... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Breasts in Gravy 3.9/5 (92 Votes)
- Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Farmhouse Macaroni & Cheese 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Chicken Spaghetti 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe