Basic Curry Gravy
Basic Curry Gravy is the base to any curry dish you would like to make, all you have to do is add whatever spices you'd like and serve with the meat and vegetables of your choice. This recipe is also great as is and goes well served over rice, veggies, and meat. This sauce can be used as a marinade once completely cooled or it can even be used as the base to a soup or stew.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 4 tomatoes, cut into big chunks
- 1 roasted bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- salt, to taste
- cashews or almonds, chopped, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Fry onion in canola oil until fragrant, add salt, ginger, and garlic. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and a bit of water. Stir, cover, and cook until tomatoes are tender.
Turn off the stove; add roasted red pepper.
Puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
Use for any dish, adding the spices called for in that recipe.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (678 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (440 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Thai Coconut Curry Soup 4.5/5 (180 Votes)