Bobby Flay Crab Cakes
By beach cook
Everybody loves crab cakes, and they're the perfect party appetizer or meal-just shape them whatever size you want. Serve with aioli or your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Heat medium skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté onions and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until blended. Shape into 6 thick patties, like hockey pucks. Place on plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 350°F. Place crab cakes in sprayed pyrex dish. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Heat skillet over medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp.
Transfer crab cakes to plate with paper towel to drain. Serve hot with aioli.
You'll also love
- Graham Cracker Crumb Apple Pie 3.3/5 (98 Votes)
- Alton Brown's Banana Bread 3.9/5 (82 Votes)
- Red Lobster's Hush Puppies 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- OVEN BAKED SUN FISH 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Paula Dean's Scalloped Potatoes 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Crab with Pasta - Bobby Flay 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Sushi - Spicy Crab roll 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Twice Baked Mild Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (3 Votes)