Fried Cube Steak
This Southern recipe is the definition of comfort food. Fried steak served on rolls with sauteed onions - it's almost too good to be true.
- 6 cube steaks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper, or to taste
- Salt, for seasoning meat
- 1/2 cups canola oil (more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 really large Vidalia onion
- Hoagie rolls
- Provolone or Swiss cheese slices
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Slice the onion and throw it in the pan. Mix together flour, seasoned salt and pepper.
Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece in flour mixture, pressing to coat with as much flour as possible.
Add butter to pan right before frying. When butter is melted, fry pieces of steak in butter/oil mixture.
Meanwhile, broil the bread with the cheese. Flip when sides are deep golden brown and cook about 1 minute on the other side. Serve on rolls with sauteed onions.
You'll also love
- Chrissy's Mac n Cheese 3.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Low Carb Creamy Chicken Soup 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Whole Hog Potato Salad 3.9/5 (91 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Pot Roast 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse's Steak... 3.3/5 (66 Votes)
Review this recipe