Chicken Paella with Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. saffron threads
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large chicken thights with skin and bones
- 4 oz. 1/4 inch-thick slices fully cooked smoked spanish chorizo
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion (l large)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 long-grain rice
- 2 c. low-salt chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers from jar
- 2 1/2 c. sugar snap peas trimmed (about 8 oz.)
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix white wine and saffron threads in small measuring cup. Set aside.
Combine salt, smoked paprika, and black pepper in small bowl. Rub spice mixture all over chicken thighs.
Heat heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and saute until fat begins to render and sausage browns, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a plate.
Add olive oil to skillet. Add chicken thighs to skillet and cook until browned, about 4 minutes a side. Transfer chicken to plate with chorizo.
Pour off all but 1 T. drippings from skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add long-grain rice and stir to coat.Add wine-saffron mixture and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add chicken broth, tomatoes with juice, and roasted red peppers. Bring to a simmer. Stir in browned chorizo. Place chicken thighs skin side up, atop mixture in skillet. Cover skillet tightly with foil, then cover skillet with lid. Bake paella until rice is almost tender, about 25 minutes.
Transfer chicken to plate. Stir rice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Scatter snap peas over. Return chicken to skillet, nestling into rice. Cover with foil and lid. Bake until snap peas are crisp-tender, rice is tender, and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- new england butter crumb baked cod 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Country chicken with sausage &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Avgolemono Soup (Frugal Gourmet) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Broccoli and Parsnip Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate and Black Bean Chile... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon with Sugar Snap Peas and... 0/5 (0 Votes)