Country chicken with sausage & peppers, etc by Scottos
- 2 chickens, each cut into 8 to 10 small pieces on the bone
- 2 pounds sausage links, cut in half, about 2-inches in size
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup green bell peppers, seeds and pith removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup red bell peppers, seeds and pith removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, seeds and pith removed, sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, skins removed, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1/2 cup diced prosciutto
- 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, approximately golf ball size, cut in half
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 11/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, sliced thin
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
In a large skillet, heat ½ cup olive oil over medium high heat and sauté prosciutto quickly until crisp. Add garlic, mushrooms, peppers and onions, and sauté until soft, approximately 10 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
In same skillet, heat additional ½ cup olive oil, add potatoes and cook until golden brown, remove from skillet and set aside with the mushrooms, peppers, and onions.
Add chicken and sausage to skillet and sauté over high heat until brown on all sides. Discard excess oil, deglaze with white wine, add the rosemary, vegetables and potatoes. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is done. Place on a platter, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.