Yukon Gold Potatoes Au Gratin
Yukon Golds are my favorite potato of all time. Add to that Gruyere cheese and heavy cream, and now you have one of my favorite side dishes. To tone down the calories, a bit, I use less heavy cream and some chicken stock. While this doesn't make the dish fat-free, it isn't flavor-free. This is the perfect side dish for entertaining, because it's so good!
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut* into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- A mandoline makes slicing the potatoes much easier. I also soak the potatoes in water, while doing my prep work, so that they don't turn brown.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with about 1 tablespoon of the softened butter.
Arrange a layer of potatoes in the baking dish, and sprinkle some of the cheeses over them. Continue layering potatoes and cheeses until you've used them all, ending with a layer of potatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk the cream and chicken stock with the salt and pepper; pour this over the potatoes.
Dot the remaining butter over the top and sprinkle with the paprika.
Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Moroccan Chickpea & Couscous Salad 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- John’s New York Deli-Style... 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler 4.1/5 (71 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Steamed White Rice Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato... 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes & Haddock... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)