Loaded au Gratin Potatoes
Like to add your own touches to a box mix? Try this deliciously loaded version of boxed potatoes.
- 1 box (4.7 ounce) Betty Crocker™ au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced (4 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 58mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 400°F.
In 2 quart casserole, mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half-and-half and butter. Stir in remaining potato ingredients. Bake uncovered 35 minutes.
In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 8 minutes longer or until topping is golden.
Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).
Prep your potatoes up to step 3 and refrigerate them covered for up to 24 hours.
No Jack cheese? Cheddar makes a flavorful stand in.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (396 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)