Loaded au Gratin Potatoes
Like to add your own touches to a box mix? Try this deliciously loaded version of boxed potatoes.
- 1 box (4.7 ounce) Betty Crocker™ au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced (4 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 58mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 400°F.
In 2 quart casserole, mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half-and-half and butter. Stir in remaining potato ingredients. Bake uncovered 35 minutes.
In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 8 minutes longer or until topping is golden.
Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).
Prep your potatoes up to step 3 and refrigerate them covered for up to 24 hours.
No Jack cheese? Cheddar makes a flavorful stand in.
You'll also love
- Dutch Apple Pie Jam 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Tomato Jam (Sweet & Savory) 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Jailhouse Potato-Cinnamon Rolls 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Budin de Pan, Traditional Puerto... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Shrimp Spring Rolls 3.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Belgium Beef Stew 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- K's Slow Cooker Collard Greens 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sugar Snap Pea & Mushroom Sauté 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe