Slow Cooker Garlic and Mushroom Beef Roast
- 1 boneless beef rump or tip roast (3- to 4-lb) 1 teaspoon salt 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 8 oz small whole fresh mushrooms 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef with salt and garlic. Place beef in skillet; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. 2 Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place mushrooms in cooker. Place beef on mushrooms. Spread tomatoes over beef. Pour dressing over mixture in cooker. 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 11 hours. 4 Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove netting or strings; slice beef. Serve mushrooms and juices with beef.Arrange the meat on a platter, spoon the mushrooms around it and then tuck sprigs of fresh rosemary or basil around the food for a splash of color.
For wonderful comfort food, use this beef for hot roast beef sandwiches. Or serve it thinly sliced on hearty bread with mayo, Dijon mustard, sliced red onion and lettuce. This roast is scrumptious with roasted red potato quarters sprinkled with rosemary or thyme. Round out the meal with a salad of baby spinach with herbed vinaigrette dressing.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Mac & Cheese 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Acadiana’s Shrimp and Grits 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Makeover Crunchy Sweet Potato... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sausage Breakfast Pockets 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sausage and Egg Casserole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Red wine and garlic slow-cooked... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef and Bok Choy Stir Fry 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Fried Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)