Slow Cooker Garlic and Mushroom Beef Roast
- 1 boneless beef rump or tip roast (3- to 4-lb) 1 teaspoon salt 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 8 oz small whole fresh mushrooms 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef with salt and garlic. Place beef in skillet; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. 2 Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place mushrooms in cooker. Place beef on mushrooms. Spread tomatoes over beef. Pour dressing over mixture in cooker. 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 11 hours. 4 Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove netting or strings; slice beef. Serve mushrooms and juices with beef.Arrange the meat on a platter, spoon the mushrooms around it and then tuck sprigs of fresh rosemary or basil around the food for a splash of color.
For wonderful comfort food, use this beef for hot roast beef sandwiches. Or serve it thinly sliced on hearty bread with mayo, Dijon mustard, sliced red onion and lettuce. This roast is scrumptious with roasted red potato quarters sprinkled with rosemary or thyme. Round out the meal with a salad of baby spinach with herbed vinaigrette dressing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (318 Votes)