Scallops with Spinach and Paprika Syrup
Fat: 10 g
Protein: 32 g
Carb: 30 g
Fiber: 4 g
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo sea scallops
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup nuts, toasted
1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cook 4 mins or until mixture thickens. Cool slightly.
2. While paprika mixture cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and ground black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 mins on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1 tsp oil and garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add half of spinach; cook for 1 min., stirring constantly. Add remaining spinach; cook 2 mins or until wilted. Stir in 1/8 tsp salt.
4. Divide spinach mixture evenly among each of 4 plates, and divide scallops evenly among servings. Drizzle paprika mixture evenly over scallops; sprinkle 1 Tbsp nuts over each serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (378 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)