Scalloped Potatoes with Creme Fraiche
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 lbs potatoes, such as Yukon Gold or Yellow Finn
- 3 cups half&half
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tsps chopped thyme
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground mace
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
Preheat oven to 350. Rub the garlic all over the inside of a 3-quart baking dish, then mince it. Grease dish with about 1/2 tbs butter.
Slice the potatoes on a mandolin. In a large saucepan combine the minced garlic, the remaining 2-1/2 tbs butter, half&half, creme fraiche, flour, thyme, mace, 2-1/2 tsps salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the chives and transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish, shaking it to distribute evenly. Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour 5 minutes, occasionally spooning some of the liquid over the top. Let cool about 10 minutes before serving.
*Can be made in individual ramekins, bake about 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Skillet Pasta Roma 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Casarole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Unique Spinach Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna in Panka Spicy Coat 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood - Shrimp Newburg (Recipe... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roadhouse Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Picayune and Dipping Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)