Shrimp and Avocado Rice Bowl
- 16 medium cleaned, shelled, tail-on shrimp (about 3/4 pound), thawed if frozen
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- small pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup shelled edamame, steamed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. 4 servings
2. Preheat the broiler. In a medium ovenproof pan, toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon each of the sesame oil and the honey. Add the cayenne.
3. Lay the shrimp flat. Broil for 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
4. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil. Pour in the eggs. Cook undisturbed until set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until just set on the second side, 1 more minute. Transfer to a board and cut into strips.
5. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon honey.
6. Fold the edamame and sesame seeds into the rice. Serve the rice in bowls topped with the egg strips, shrimp and avocado. Place the soy-vinegar mixture in a small bowl and use at the table for drizzling.
You'll also love
- Apricot-Mango Pie with Streusel... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Smoked Shrimp Cocktail 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lentil-Barley Burgers with Fiery... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- PHILLIPS SIGNATURE CRAB CAKES 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Almond Poppyseed Muffins 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp Saute (WW) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mango Coconut Avocado Toast 4/5 (1 Votes)