Apricot-Mango Pie with Streusel Topping
- Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups walnuts (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup instant or regular rolled oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 batch Dairy-Free Oil Pastry or Basic Pie Pastry
- 4 cups unpeeled pitted, sliced apricots (10 to 14 medium)
- 2 cups cubed ripe mango (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar or 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup, to taste
On sheet of lightly floured wax paper, roll out pastry into 12 1/2-inch circle. Line 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with it, sculpting edge into stand-up ridge. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place baking sheet on center rack of oven.
In large bowl, combine apricots, mango, brown sugar, tapioca, lemon peel and lemon juice. Mix well. Spoon fruit filling into chilled crust and smooth top. Place pie on baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make streusel: In food processor, combine walnuts, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt; pulse 3 or 4 times until coarse crumbs form. With machine running, add oil in thin stream and process just long enough to make a crumbly, damp mixture. Don’t overprocess or it will compact and become too oily. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
Remove pie from oven and evenly spoon streusel over fruit. Press down lightly to compact. Reduce temperature to 375°F and bake until juices bubble, 30 to 40 minutes. If topping gets too dark, cover loosely with foil. Transfer to wire rack and cool. Pie will slice best if you wait until it is barely warm.
You'll also love
- Smoked Shrimp Cocktail 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Double Dipped Pork Chops 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lentil-Barley Burgers with Fiery... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Almond Poppyseed Muffins 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Annie's Apple Bread 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Vitamix - Peach Mango Smoothie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mango Coconut Avocado Toast 4/5 (1 Votes)