Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake
Fresh and tangy, this lemon buttermilk pound cake is a perfect light dessert.
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- dash of salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and beat well.
Combine flour, soda, and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk; mixing well. Fold in beaten egg whites and extracts.
Pour into greased and floured bundt pan or tube pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool about 40 minutes in pan. Remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely.
You'll also love
- Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Moussaka (Eggplant and Lamb... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Pappadeaux's Sweet Potato Pecan... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Applebee's Classic Patty Melt 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Orange Julius 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- ORANGE CREAMSlCLE 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon Poppy Oat Pancakes 4.5/5 (45 Votes)