Basil Artichoke Chicken Bake
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5-6 breasts)
- salt and pepper
- 2 - 14 ounce cans of diced Italian tomatoes with basil and garlic, drained
- 1 - 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced well (I use a microplane)
- 3 T fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tb flour or 1 Tb cornstarch (optional, if you would like a thicker pan juice)
- 4 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil, chopped
Adapted from mykitchenescapades.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 glass pan with nonstick spray. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts, then place them in a single layer in the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, gently mix together the drained tomatoes and drained artichoke hearts with the garlic, parmesan cheese and flour/cornstarch if using. Spread this mixture over the top of the chicken and bake, uncovered for 45 minutes. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the fresh basil over the top. You can serve this alone or with some pasta because it does make some pan juices.