Sante Fe salad with chili-lime dressing
- 6 T reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3 T cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 3 T water
- 1 med. scallion, minced
- 1 1/2 t fresh lime juice
- 2 t sugar
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 c cooked corn kennels, fresh or frozen
- 2 c grape tomatoes
- 1 med. sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips(about 1/2 c)
- 8 c romaine lettuce, cut into thick shreds (about 2 hearts)
Dressing: whisk mayonnaise, cilantro, water, scallion, lime juice, sugar and chili powder together in a small bowl until smooth. transfer to a jar or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid and refridgerate until ready to use.
in a large bowl layer remaining ingredients in ordered list. cover and refrigerate.
to serve spoon salad ingredients in bowl, shake dressing and then drizzle over salad; toss. yields about 2 cups of salad and 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing per serving.