Candied Brown Sugar Bacon
My favorite way to prepare bacon, for breakfast, is to bake it on a rack. I sprinkle some brown sugar on the bacon so that it becomes a sweet and savory caramel flavor. My family gobbles this up when they see it on the breakfast table. So good!
- 3 slices of bacon per serving (I use thick-cut quality applewood bacon)
- Brown sugar, lightly sprinkled over each slice of raw bacon
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Baking sheet
- Baking/cooking rack that fits over the baking sheet
Line a baking sheet with foil; this will catch the bacon fat and the caramelized brown sugar that falls to the bottom.
NOTE: My newest/preferred method is to spread an even layer of brown sugar on a tray. Press the bacon into the brown sugar, evenly on both sides. Lay the bacon evenly, without overlapping each slice.
Bake the bacon for about 20-25 minutes; rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
Because the brown sugar caramelizes, and has a tendency to burn, sometimes I turn the oven down to 350°F halfway through the process. Lately, I find that turning the bacon over, halfway through helps to crisp it more evenly.
This is all trial and error, depending on how hot your oven runs.
Depending on how you like your bacon, you might continue roasting for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Do NOT try to blot the bacon or place on paper towels! The brown sugar will cause the paper to stick and you will have a terrible mess. Ahem, I speak from experience.
You'll also love
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Lemon... 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs w/Creamy Mushroom... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Almost White Castle Hamburgers 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Beef Filets Wrapped in Bacon 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Spicy Snackers 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Beef Jerky 4.4/5 (43 Votes)