Comments: Tasty, fluffy corn fritters made with creamed corn. A nutritious
and warming winter lunch.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water (more if needed)
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 can (410g) creamed corn
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
1. In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg with a little water. Sift in flour and baking powder, add salt and pepper and stir - adding water if needed - to achieve a medium batter. Make sure the mixture is not too thin. Add the can of cream corn, season and stir.
2. Heat half the oil in a frypan to a medium heat and add spoonfuls of the batter in the pan. Flip the fritters when they start to bubble on the top - 1-2 minutes but test they are cooked through before removing them. You may need to add a little more oil after each lot is taken out of the pan as they absorb it quite well.
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)
Calories From Fat: 30
Total Fat: 3.4g
You'll also love
- ITALIAN SHRIMP FETTUCINE**** 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Cake 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- FRESH and SUPER SIMPLE Strawberry... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cannoli 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Pigs in a Cornfield 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
Review this recipe