Grilled Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Do you ever wish the buns of your grilled cheeseburger, were magically transformed into tortillas? Us too. Grilled cheeseburger quesadillas are the new summertime staple.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Adapted from qvc.co
Preheat a grill over medium heat.
Combine the ground beef, onion, ketchup, mustard, relish, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl.
Place the tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread half of meat mixture on half of each tortilla, leaving about a 1/2-inch border. Top the beef with 2 slices of American cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar. Fold the empty side of each tortilla over the filled side.
Grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until the cheese has melted and light grill marks appear. Cut into wedges before serving.
Tip: I like to use 3 (5 ounce) Bobby Chez Smashed Burgers instead of ground beef because they're such a great quality. Cook and crumble, as directed.