Baby Acapulco Chicken Tortilla Soup
Made fresh in Austin, Texas, this recipe for Baby Acapulco Chicken Tortilla Soup will warm you up on a cold day, and maybe clear your sinuses a bit, too!
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from the can
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cut up
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Avocados, cut up
- Tortilla chips
- Red Onion, diced
- Cilantro, shredded
- Spanish rice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tastebook.com
In blender combine undrained tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and sugar.
Cover and blend till nearly smooth. Put mixture into a large pot with chicken broth, chicken and chipotle peppers. Add a couple of teaspoons of the adobo sauce from the chipotle pepper can. Bring to boiling; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Put crunched tortilla chips in a bowl with cheese and avocados. Ladle soup over; top with cilantro and red onions. Serve with Spanish rice on the side.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice... 3.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Quinoa, Cucumber, Tomato and Feta... 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Taco Bell Chicken Fajita Seasoning 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Sandee's Minestrone Soup 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Avocado Lime Soup 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
- 3 Bean Chicken Chili 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Soup (Weight Watchers) 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Southwest Stuffed Chicken Breast... 0/5 (0 Votes)