Twice Baked Mild Chicken Wings
I got this recipe from a google search. However, I have a 15-month old, so I didn't want to use the Buffalo sauce the recipe called for. So I found a mild sauce on cooks.com and that is what I will use in my recipe. I have altered my recipe a bit from the original, but this apraked what I do, so I think they deserve some credit.
If you would like to see the original recipe please see:
http://www.tip32.com/2009/06/01/twice-baked-buffalo-chicken-wings/. You can also use any store bought BBQ sauce instead. The recipe for the mild sauce comes from: http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1733,157181-231200,00.html.
- Chicken Wings:
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mild Sauce:
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 tbsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. vinegar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
I find it best to make the mild sauce a few hours before or even the night before to allows the flavour to really develop.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a pot.
2. Heat thoroughly on medim heat.
3. Cool, and store in refrigerator until needed.
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet (to catch the fat for easy clean-up). Then place a rack in the baking sheet.
2. Mix the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper in a bowl.
3. A couple wings at a time, completely coat the wings in flour, shake of the excess & place on the baking rack.
4. Place in the oven for about 30 minutes.
5. Pull the wings out of the oven, dunk in the mild sauce, put back on the rack. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
Serve with pizza, fries or carrots & celery.
You'll also love
- Chicken Thighs with Celery & Garlic 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Swedish Pancakes with Lingonberry... 3.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Pan Seared Turkey Chops 3.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken & Asparagus... 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Catalina Cranberry Chicken 3.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Soul Food Seasoning 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Stuffing 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheese Deviled Eggs 3.6/5 (19 Votes)