Creamy Chicken & Asparagus Casserole
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 to 4 cups of chicken, cooked, chopped or diced
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup (I use Pinch of Yum's recipe) or you can use 2 cans of your favorite Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) package dry herb stuffing mix
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups water
1.Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2.Lightly spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
3.Evenly place the chopped, uncooked asparagus into the bottom of the dish.
4.Season with a little salt & pepper.
5.Add the chopped chicken breast evenly, on top of the asparagus.
6.Combine your Cream of Chicken Soup with the mayonnaise, and the lemon juice and whisk together in a small bowl until well combined.
7.Add 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and stir.
8.Pour over the chicken and asparagus.
9.In a large pot, melt 4 Tbsp. of butter and add the 2 cups of water to it and stir.
10.Add the dry herb stuffing mix and moisten.
11.It shouldn't be really wet.
12.Top the creamy mixture with the herb stuffing mix and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
13.Bake uncovered for 30- 35 minutes or until bubbly and slightly crispy on top.
14.Serve warm with a salad and fresh bread.
16.* To make ahead of time, put everything together as usual except the herb stuffing topping, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, prepare and add the stuffing topping and bake as usual. You may need just a few minutes longer for baking because it will be cold. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- sweet and spicy asparagus 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Catalina Cranberry Chicken 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Paula Deen Eggplant Casserole 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Soup (Weight Watchers) 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Stuffing 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Vegan Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole 3.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice Dinner 1/5 (1 Votes)